Friday, August 21, 2009

Vitamin D deficiency and fatigue.

My doctor recently told me that I have vitamin D deficiency and am on a course of 15 day D-vita-boost.

Out of curiosity I googled vitamin D deficiency and found lot of correlation between this and fatigue. Now I am able to connect the dots or so I think.

Till 2007 I pretty much lived a sedentary lifestyle and out of frustration turned Anger turned Motivation I started working out bit by bit and completed two 20 mile walks since. But it was not enough (well I am not tooting my horns yet). With this little success I am training to run atleast a half marathon this october. However I noticed decline in my performance since I started training. Besides stretching, icing etc I still seem to get fatigued quickly and feel less energetic for my next run. I could not figure out the reason even after thinking till my wits end. I mean I have a pretty decent protein intake and decent carb intake.

Then comes this vitamin D realization out of nowhere. Fatigue was not the precise reason why I visited the doc in the first place. However since he just blurted out vitamin D deficiency keyword it got me started. Since past 5 days I am seeing an improvement in my energy levels. I hope it is the vita-D secret! or is it the 3 week vacation that ended 5 days ago? Time will tell... till then I am happy with my doctor. Hope he did not hide more from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment